Heart rate training and how it can transform your fitness levels
The popularity of wearable tech and apps for tracking fitness and activity levels has boomed over the past few years. Advances in the software have allowed people to track their fitness in a simple and continual way allowing for people to make meaningful behavioural changes to help them become more active and health conscious.
Here at Urban, we wanted to help our members along this journey by installing the most popular heart rate training software, MYZONE into our club.
Urban choose MYZONE as they are leading players in the world for heart rate training. Their technology has evolved to allow users to track and earn points for all types of activity. The technology unlike some of the wrist watches is extremely accurate and inclusive of all exercise efforts. Whether you are doing cardio, group exercise, push-ups, burpees, lifting weights or cycling outdoors, the MZ-3 will give you the fitness credit you deserve.
Why not use wrist trackers?
The MYZONE belt, app and unique point system measure what matters for gym goers: exercise effort. We explored the options available on the market but noted that wrist based detectors had these limitations:
1. Wrist-based heart rate detectors are inaccurate. Brands that use this technology state on their websites that the devices lose accuracy if you are moving in a non-rhythmical manner, clenching your fist or moving your wrist.
2. Wrist trackers prioritise irrelevant data. General movement and sleep pattern data are prioritised by wrist trackers, but provide no relevant measurement or insight to your actual exercise habits.
3. Wrist trackers don’t reward all your activity. During a push up, the wrist doesn’t ‘move’ and the ‘steps’ are not counted. Burpees, pull ups, lunges, box jumps, cycling, boxing and yoga are among the activities that wrist trackers are not able to properly reward.
What else do the belts do?
Staff here at Urban understood the value of staying motivated when sticking to a fitness regime. The MZ-3 physical activity belt is a great way to stay motivated to exercise as It allows immediate feedback on the activity you are doing and allows you to earn points (MEPS) which you can build up and give you a measure of how much activity you have done.
Users are also able to:
• Set personal goals each month to stay challenged.
• Compete with friends on a monthly leader board to keep your exercise fun.
• View your workouts in MYZONE’s social network.
• Encourage friends and stay accountable with those in your network.
• Share your progress with the world via MYZONE’s social media integration.
The best thing about MYZONE is the ability for it to work through other well-known platforms such as Strava, Apple watches or Garmin Bike computers. A bonus for people keen on their fitness or mad about tech.
Not Sure? Try it out in your next class
If you are keen to know more about MYZONE for trial the belt in our classes, please pop in and speak to a member of staff.
If you have already been hooked on heart rate training our members can receive a £50 discount on the belt if bought directly through MYZONE.
Normally valued at £129, members of Urban Health & Fitness but can use our Club Code UHFUK001 to order an MZ-3 belt online for the special member price of £79.
MYZONE belts get delivered directly to you and they also offer a 30-day money back guarantee if you are not happy with them.
Get your MZ-3 today and start seeing your Effort Rewarded!